Respond to one of the following questions through the online discussion, and then respond to one of your classmates. Be sure to use textual evidence to support your claims.
- In the speaker's mind, what are the chief characteristics of spring? Why is spring important to him?
- What opportunities does spring provide? Why are those opportunities important?
- What does the poem say about seizing the day and taking advantage of the abundant opportunities life affords?
- What shift occurs in the poem? What purpose does this serve?
- Which allusions made by the author best promote the theme? How?